It's on! September 26, Saturday. The course is almost complete. The details are being sharpened. This is what we are thinking:
1. This will be a self-supported event similar to our sister events to the south...The Ragnarok and the Alamanzo 100. (Please see sidebar for more info on these two, outstanding events.)
2. This event will feature gravel/dirt roads primarily. There will be a few miles of connector paved roads.
3. There will also be a few miles (3-5?) of trail (gasp!). These sectors should be "ridable" with cross bikes. Those on mt. bikes may enjoy them more. I think they are really cool additions whether they are ridden or walked or run or crawled. I hope you agree!
4. Event route maps will be divided in two. Details of the second half of the route will be attainable at the halfway checkpoint only.
5. There may be no commercial aid stations (depending on the final route layout). Instead, participants will prepare bags of goodies of their own liking to be transported buy our support crew top the halfway checkpoint. Water will be available at the halfway.