Hey all! Here are a few details about the up coming event:
EACH and EVERYONE of you must be responsible for yourself. Take care of you and your other cycling companions on course. Be great representatives of this great sport. Thank you!
1. Each rider will be allowed a small re-supply bag that I will
transport to and from the halfway checkpoint. Water, food, extra socks,
2. I will have limited water at the start and halfway. Please
pack accordingly. Two Harbors has a well stocked Holiday station a few
miles away. And of course all the other amenities of a great small town.
3. There will be a grocery store just off course (about a block) this
year at mile 55. But before and after that there are no services. None.
So plan accordingly.
4. You must print your own cue cards online
this year. I will provide a link to them, and the release waiver, about a
week before the start. Thanks for taking care of this!
will be a pre-event check in on Friday, September 27 at the SKi Hut on
4th St in Duluth (there are two Ski Hut locations) starting at 5:30
until 7:30. Check in on Saturday begins at 7 am at the start parking lot
(see Heck blog for directions to start).
6. THE RIDE STARTS at 8:30 SATURDAY AM.
7. There is a good chance you will have wet feet at mile 17. You might
want to consider leg warmers (at the start) and an extra pair of socks
in your re-supply kit. There will also be small water crossings at two
other points along the course. Enjoy.
7.5 There are three toilets at the start (no running water) and one at the halfway check-in. If you have a nature break on course, PLEASE be discrete (out of view of houses on course). Thanks!
8. Spectating! Seven Bridges Rd along Lester Creek park in Duluth! A great place to park, hike and enjoy the beauty of Duluth.
9. Cowbells! I have more cowbell! And T-shirts will be for sale before
the event. Please pick one up and serenade your rider coming up the
Seven Bridges Rd!
10. Donate! Every five dollar donation gets you
one Heck Raffle ticket. Simple as that. We have great prizes again this
year. Coolest stuff goes to the luckiest person (not to the fastest!).
Thanks for your contributions!